“We between the grass and wood”
is my first long-form exploration of tea.
Currently an open-ended, interdisciplinary inquiry.
- Teh C, short essay on tinyletter (2020)
Tea Person 茶人, short essay on tinyletter (2020)
- Collaborative gifs and visuals (see below) made by Jing Tey (2021)
- Strong Food - Tea, short essay on Flush & Brew (2021)
- Collection of essays drafted for Prof. David Goldstein in EN6778,PhD1 (2021)
Excerpt in Hungry Zine, “It’s Complicated” (2022)
- Seasonal Flush & Brew workshops (2022~)
GongFu Tea Ceremony, a rough translation.
Seasonal Flush & Brew
The model for these workshops involve a serving of three tea brews chosen or blended to reflect the season we will be gathering in.
Between each brew there will be conversation around tea topics, and also writing activities meant to provoke, reflect and connect us to ideas, emotions and experiences.
(ft. Sonder Taller)
Date: March 5th, 2023
Time: 1 - 4:00PM
- three tea brews
- three chocolate tastings
- prompt-based reflection
180 minute in-person gathering
located in downtown Toronto
*there are only 6 seats in this special collaborative gathering, so each purchase is limited to a single seat.